AAMRI takes the issue of privacy very seriously, including user interactions with its website. Some data is collected about visitors, including:
- Standard machine identity details, as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and server;
- and data on the nature of a user's visit to the site, including server address, user's upper domain category (eg: .com, .org, .au, .it, jp, etc), date and time of the visit, the path taken to the AAMRI site (eg: through a search engine or link at another site), and pages accessed, route taken through the site, searches performed, and documents down-loaded.
When a user provides information of a personal nature, for instance, when compleleting the contact form, AAMRI:
- Does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information externally without the user's knowledge or consent, nor collect any information without the user's knowledge or consent.
- Attempts to store information as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely by authorised AAMRI staff for the purposes of:
- Analysing the effectiveness of the website to improve its usefulness and service;
- Processing electronic transactions;
- Checking and registering of companies for AAMRI events and/or services; and/or Processing a request or feedback by a user.
AAMRI staff who operate the website, or have access to any user information related to it, are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Need to know more?
More information regarding your privacy rights as a consumer can be found at The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner website.
Third Party Links
AAMRI is not responsible for links to third party sites and accepts no responsibility for their content. No connection or association between AAMRI and the linked sites or their owners should be presumed.