AAMRI membership criteria
To be a member of AAMRI, an institute should:
- be established primarily for the conduct of health and medical research
- be independent, for example, be established via an Act of Parliament, be incorporated under the Companies Act, or have demonstrable independence from a parent organisation
- normally have an independent Board of governance, with a majority of Board members not representing any single other institution (e.g. an affiliated hospital or university)
- have as Director (or equivalent) a distinguished researcher who can demonstrate that they operate independently of any parent organisation
- have a substantial record of attracting research funding from competitive mechanisms
- have fiscal and administrative procedures and policies in place that allow good scientific practice and the ethical conduct of research.
Membership costs are: $500 per Institute and $50 per FTE (full-time equivalent) member of staff (research and administration) and research higher degree students.
To join AAMRI
If your institute satisfies the eligibility criteria above, please fill out the application form and email it to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed by the AAMRI Board as soon as possible.